Who May Use the Rooms?
- Organizations, whose purpose is non-commercial and non-profit, may use the meeting rooms at no charge.
- Commercial, industrial, and other for-profit groups and users from outside our library district are expected to make a donation to the library’s gift fund in return for the use of the rooms. Suggested donations are ($50) all day meeting, ($25) half day meeting, or ($7) per hour.
- Religious groups may use the rooms for non-denominational or interdenominational meetings or programs.
- Commercial, industrial, or professional organizations may use the rooms for educational purposes and for other occasional purposes which do not involve the sale of goods or services.
- Only the library or a library-sponsored group may conduct a fund-raiser or purely social event in the library. Others wishing to conduct fund-raising activities must secure permission from the Library Director.
- The rooms will not be available for purely social functions or family gatherings.
- In the use of the rooms, library functions will take precedence over all others.
- The Library Board of Trustees is the final arbiter of any question as to the use of the library. However, when a question arises concerning the propriety of allowing the meeting room to be used by a particular group or for a particular purpose, the board delegates to the Director the authority to interpret this policy.
Please see our meeting room policy for more information.
The Starke County Public Library offers free meeting room use for Organizations, whose purpose is non-commercial and non-profit, may use the meeting rooms at no charge. The Schricker branch offers 3 rooms. Small meeting Room (up to 4 people), Board Room (up to 10), Large Meeting Room (up to 75)